EL DORADO LOFTS
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
The Hotel El Dorado, originally named the Hotel Stowell, was built in 1913. While the style is essentially a Gothic and Art Nouveau amalgamation, the green glazed brick façade, extravagant iron cornice, and floral terra cotta detailing is particularly striking in this neighborhood of mid-rise office buildings.
El Dorado Partners LLC hired RPA to restore and convert the old hotel into condominium units and ground floor commercial space. The firm restored and repaired historical details such as the ornate hand railings in the entry hall, columns and capitals, and plaster ceilings. The Hotel El Dorado blade sign has been refurbished, and the green brick façade has been thoroughly cleaned to preserve the delicate finish.
PRESS: Los Angeles Magazine, Downtown News